In 2019, SunTrust and BB&T formed the nation's sixth-largest bank. SunTrust and BB&T merged to form Truist. I worked in various lines of business (LOB) from Mortgages, DCCG, Wholesale, and now within the Business LOB as our team of UI designers, UX designers, and researchers have more than doubled in size!
Our team is currently working towards Client Day One. Client Day one is when people will start transacting as Truist customers. Our goal within Business is to provide business owners and professionals, and bank employees with the tools they need to keep their day-to-day operations up and running.
Note: To comply with my non-disclosure agreement, I cannot publicly share any design work or specifics at this time. However, I am happy to discuss design challenges and learnings in person, so feel free to contact me.
Currently, I am under an NDA, so I will not talk through scenarios and case studies.
In my current, role I am:
• Using UX strategies to ensure we are driven by objectives and pursuing opportunities that solve user needs.
• Leading the design for our internal products for our business clients. Establishing a vision for the future of Truist's client services across Business, Retail, and Wealth lines of business.
• Shaping product strategy by establishing a UX-focused success metric to evaluate the outcomes of our work.
• Improving design team processes and helping other designers develop better working methods by sharing techniques (1:1 and in group settings) and leading by example.
• Partnering with researchers to identify pain points and surface opportunities to better our product. Conducting research provides insights to help guide our vision.
• Using design artifacts (service blueprints, process maps, concepts models, prototypes) and collaboration sessions (discovery workshops, prioritizations workshops) to build understanding, spark conversations, and aid decision-making.
• Interviewing and assisting with onboarding new UX designers.